Tuesday, March 09, 2004

What's in the box?!

Got this from someone: So, say you were meeting a new person--blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can't actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to look at/read/listen to/taste/whatever. What would you put in the box?

and yes I realize that my list exceeds the required 12 things (its more like 12 categories haha) but who cares.

1. Books: Haruki Murakami's South of the Border, West of the Sun and Norwegian Wood. Jonathan Carroll's Sleeping in Flame. The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe. and the first 3 books of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. Oh and the Dragonlance Chronicles I suppose.

2. Music: Dave Matthew's Crash Into Me album. Tori Amos's Little Earthquakes. 10,000 Maniac's Unplugged.
Les Miserables and 2 compilation cds:
cd #1 --(college era) Grunge rock and alternative stuff like Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, REM etc
cd #2--(mellow down period--this is when I realized I'm too old to listen to noise) Jazz and other not so noisy (sap) tunes like Marvin Gaye's Lets get it on (damn good stuff) Sting, Sarah McLachlan, Sinead O' Connor, Elvis Costello, New Age stuff like Isgaard etc

3. A bottle of Cool Waters

4. My Cat. (or cat puke or cat fur hahaha)

5. Double Dutch ice cream

6. Tradepaperback of Neil Gaiman's sandman--the stand alone issues.

7. An MRT pre-paid card.

8. My hard drives. (lotsa interesting stuff there hahaha)

9. A pair of comfy sandals.

10. A lifestyle network magazine on Interior Decorating and Cooking

11. My UP ID.

12. DVDs of Fellini's 8 1/2. Fight Club. American Beauty.Chungking Express. My Sassy Girl. Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail (!) Ranma 1/2. Neon Genesis Evangelion. Miyazaki stuff.

13. VTES cards and some RPG rulebooks.

There. Waaay too many books cds and films but that's essentially who I am. A total geek and most of the times proud of that fact hahaha.

I just realized how nerdy I am. o_o

No comments: