Friday, March 05, 2004

Days of Whine and Neuroses


Someone lent me a new book to read and it is just freaky. Here's a sample passage taken from My Legendary Girlfriend:

(on the subject of 26 year olds): The male variety, of which I consider myself to be a prime specimen, tend to whinge a lot about receding hairlines, loss of physique,life,work,love-life(or lack of love in their life) while constantly harking back to some golden age, usually their university days.

That just described (partly) me and most of my friends. Freaky.

Had another interesting conversation (through YM actually) about love and friendship. (mostly love) I swear the best way to find out stuff about someone is simply to ask them some interesting questions. I should make a list...I always forget my questions when I'm talking to someone. Learned something new today : C.S. Lewis's 4 Categories of Love (from his book The Four Loves) Intriguing stuff.

I refuse to accept that we're all just a bunch of whiny neurotic kids worried about inane things like receding hairlines and whatnot.

Maybe I should go to a hairspa though....(*checks hairline*)




No comments: